Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Muscovado Bak Tong Go ( steamed cake)


    Muscovado sugar...





 


Inspiration from: Rose's Kitchen
Ingredients
280g  rice flour
100g muscovado sugar
100g castor sugar
30g honey
600ml  water
1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2  tablespoon oil



I left it for many hours in the same day as I was out the whole day :)
Anyway it looked really good, I was happy with it.
All ready to go!



  Method
  1.  Add 300ml water to the rice flour. Stir and mix well.

  2.  Boil muscovado, castor sugar with remaining 300ml water and salt.  Remove from heat, add in honey , mix well.  Pour mixture into the rice flour mixture, fine sieve and set aside to cool.

  3.  Dissolve 1 teaspoon yeast in 2 tablespoons lukewarm water, until it gets foamy in a short moment.

  4.  Add yeast mixture to slightly cooled (lukewarm will do) rice mixture.
Note: too hot will kill the yeast.
 Stir well, cover and leave to leaven for 1 and 1/2 hour to 2 hours until tiny bubbles appear ( I left it for the whole day).

  5.  Grease and pre-heat 30cm round tray in steamer ( I used 8cm square tray instead as I intended to have it the kind of tall look that I like).

  6.  Add 1/2 tablespoon of oil to leaven mixture, stir well and pour into heated tray.  Steam for 20 minutes.
















No comments:

Post a Comment